Program: #11-47, Air Date: 11/14/11NOTE: The recordings on this program come from the French label Troba Vox, part of the Bureau Export association. For more information, you may explore: www.french-music.org This extraordinary French label was created to spotlight the rich tradition of the troubadours and their time--we sample three of their releases this week.
I. Florilège--Sandra Hurtado-Ròs (Troubadours Art Ensemble/Sandra Hutado-Ròs, s./Gérard Zuchetto, dir.)
- JAUFRE RUDEL (?1106-after 1147): Lanquan li jorn ("When the days grow long in May")
- GUIRAUT de BORNELH (c.1138-1215): Reis glorios "Glorious king, true light and brilliance")
- BEATRIZ, Comtessa de DIA (c.1140-fl.1175): A chantar ("I must sing of that which I do not want")
II. Otra Mar--Sephardic and Troubadour Songs (Troubadours Art Ensemble).
- (Sephardic): Morena me llaman ("I am called the dark one")
- (Sephardic): Scalerica de oro (Little ladder of gold")
- (Sephardic): Ir me quero ("I want to go, o my mother")
- BEATRIZ, Comtessa de DIA (c.1140-fl.1175): A chantar
III. Alegransa--Chants de troubadours (Isabelle Bonnadier, v./Ensemble Alegransa)
- PEIRE VIDAL (1175-1205): Ges pel temps fer e brau ("The times are harsh and savage")
- GAULCEM FAIDIT (c.1170-c.1202): Lo rossinholet ("I can hear the wild nightingale")
- CLARA d'ANDUZA (1st third 13th cen.):En greu esmay et en greu pessamen ("With great dismay and inquietude")
JAUFRE RUDEL (1106-after 1147), GUIRAUT de BORNELH (c.1138-1215), BEATRIZ, Comtessa de DIA (c.1140-fl.1175), PEIRE VIDAL (1175-1205), GAULCEM FAIDIT (c.1170-c.1202), CLARA d'ANDUZA (1st third 13th cen.)
Troba Vox CD TR 007, Troba Vox CD TR020, Troba Vox CD TR021