Program: #00-45 Air Date: Sep 25, 2000
NOTE: All of the music on this program is peformed by The Cardinall's Musick ensemble directed by our guest, Andrew Carwood. This ensemble records on Academy Sound and Vision, distributed by Koch International. The pieces on this program come from a single disc, Music at All Souls, Oxford (ASV Gaudeamus CD GAU-196).
Preservation of this program is made possible by a generous grant from Wendall Wilson.
I. The 15th Century
- HENRY V: Gloria.
- LEONEL POWER: Credo.
- HENRY V: Sanctus.
- NICHOLAS STURGEON: Salve mater Domini/Salve templum gratie.
- JOHN DUNSTAPLE: Descendi in hortum meum.
II. The Early 16th Century
- RICHARD DAVY: O Domine celi terreque.
III. Thomas Cranmer's Musical Reforms
- JOHN MERBECKE: Funeral sentences (plainchant).
- THOMAS TALLIS: Verily, verily I say unto you.
- JOHN SHEPPARD: Christ our Paschal Lamb.
Robert Dow's Partbooks
- CHRISTOPHER TYE: Ad te clamamus.
- ROBERT PARSONS: Ave Maria, gratia plena.
HENRY V, LEONEL POWER, NICHOLAS STURGEON, JOHN DUNSTAPLE, RICHARD DAVY, JOHN MERBECKE, THOMAS TALLIS, JOHN SHEPPARD, CHRISTOPHER TYE, ROBERT PARSONS, JOHN MERBECKE, THOMAS TALLIS, JOHN SHEPPARD, CHRISTOPHER TYE, ROBERT PARSONS