Program: #02-24 Air Date: Jun 17, 2002
Members of the Hilliard Ensemble share their latest recording on ECM with music for the Requiem Mass by Victoria and Palestrina.
Preservation of this program is made possible by a generous grant in memory of Louis P. Contiguglia.
NOTE: All of the music on this program is perfomed by the Hilliard Ensemble, two of whose members, David James and Gordon Jones, were our guests.
The recording In Paradisum is on the ECM label and is CD ECM New Series 1653. It features 17th century French chant of the Requiem with polyphony by Tomas Luis de Victoria and Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina.
- VICTORIA: Officium defunctorum 1605: Taedet animam meam.
- Anon.: Gradual Romanum, Toul: Introitus; Kyrie.
- PALESTRINA: Domine quando veneris.
- Anon.: Gradual Romanum, Toul: Gradual.
- VICTORIA: Officium defunctorum 1605: Libera me Domine.
- Anon.: Gradual Romanum, Toul: Tractus.
- PALESTRINA: Ad Dominum cum tribularer clamavi.
- Anon.: Gradual Romanum, Toul: Sequentia; Offertorium; Sanctus-Benedictus; Agnus Dei; Communio.
- PALESTRINA: Libera me Domine.
Tomas Luis de Victoria, Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina.
CD ECM New Series 1653.